Friday, January 11, 2013

I will NOT get sick!

I will NOT get sick. I will NOT get sick. This is my mantra. Repeated daily as necessary. I've been taking care of a sick little Avakins. The poor thing started coughing last Saturday. As soon as it started I knew it wasn't going to be good. That night she coughed her little heart out. It was awful. She couldn't get comfortable in her crib, she couldn't get comfortable laying on my chest, her nose was runny, she was just plain miserable. I was afraid it was the flu that has the state of VA in all RED on the TV reports. Luckily the Doc told me it was just a really awful cold and a slight ear infection. We went home with some amoxicillin. It's a few days later and there is a some improvement. Luckily she isn't coughing like crazy anymore. But the congestion is still awful. And the boogies just keep coming! Lovely, I know!

 My little lady looking sad as ever as we waited in the doc's office.

Us girls hanging out -- trying to "make Ava happy" as Brody would say.
 And this was one of those times where I was repeating my mantra!
Hopefully little Miss Avakins will wake up feeling much better tomorrow.  And hopefully my mantra repetitions will kick in and I will NOT get sick. Moms really shouldn't be allowed to get sick!

One quick side note -- when I was giving Ava her medicine, Brody came into the room, sees me giving it to her and says "That's the good stuff!" hahaha seriously, where does he get this stuff from?!



1 comment:

  1. Moms can't get sick. It is so sad when babies get sick cause they can't tell us where it hurts. Did you get it?
    Aunt gAil

    ReplyDelete