Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Visiting Gigi & Pop Pop


We signed all the paperwork and sold our house on 11/3, but didn't close on the new house until 11/14, and all of our stuff didn't get delivered until 11/20!  So this 2.5 week gap allowed us to go visit Gigi and Pop Pop! The kids were super excited.  And they have been going non stop since day one! We have had a bunch of fun activities...


Went for a hike in Freeport. Holy wind!! 

The sun dipped behind the clouds and it got cold fast! But these kiddos were troopers!

We always have to go to Baldwin Park!  And the moment this pic was being taken Pop Pop said "Hurry up and take it already! I'm getting nauseous!" hahaha
 So then it was Gigi's turn!
 One morning I took the kids for a walk over to Nanny's old house, and I made them pose on the steps!  So many wonderful memories in that house.  I can't get over how different it looks on the outside. I'd really love to get a tour of the inside!
 When Alisa and I were kids we put our hands in the cement and wrote our names... and here are Brody and Ava seeing if their hands fit inside ours!!

 No trip to Long Island is complete with out a drive out to Speonk to visit the Shea's!!  Emmy, Owen, Brody and Ava had a lot of fun playing together and having a sleepover!!

 Next stop was the Carbone's house. The kids had lots of fun playing in the yard. I can't get over how big everyone is getting!
 Little miss Gina looking as cute as ever!
 It was time to wear these kids out... so I took them to Long Beach to walk on the board walk.  I love all the new benches that have been installed, with dedications to loved ones.  The kids enjoyed climbing all over them and running around!
 Aww so cute, right? Little do you know they are pushing each other back and forth for control of the pole! lol.
 Hiding out in the ticket booth! Little rascals!
 We were super excited to have a playdate with Grant and Claire!  This was the first time I got to meet these two.  It had been way too long since Callie and I last got together.  Grant really took a liking to Ava -- as you will see in the next few pics! I texted these to Jeremy and his response "Hands off, Grant!" hahaha.
A little hugging
a little more than hugging. hahaha
 Already cruising the street together!
 How adorable is this little lady?! She was such an angel and slept the entire time!!
It was a very busy couple of weeks! And we were lucky enough to have wonderful family to stay with and friends to visit.  As always the kids are asking when is the next trip to Gigi and Pop Pops?!

No comments:

Post a Comment