Aunt Gail and Uncle Jim really helped us out by taking the kids for a few days. This allowed us some time to unpack sans kiddos -- and get their rooms ready for them. Moving Day was Thurs 11/14, and the kids arrived on the 16th. As I took off Ava's jacket I told her this is her new house. And she looked up at me with those big brown eyes and said - "Mom, I'm not so sure this is my house!" and then as I watched Brody run upstairs, he yelled "This is our house!!! It's so big!!" I wish I had videotaped them running to see their rooms! There was much excitement. Ava is now in Brody's old bed. And Brody has upgraded to a full size bed. I also had Brody's bed all made with new Cars sheets. He is super excited about having a Cars room. Aunt Nikki bought him Cars decals, and he had a blast peeling and putting them up around the room.
It has been a bit of a whirlwind these past few weeks but here are the highlights:
1- On our first walk to the park (right down the block) we found out that we are neighbors with a llama and a goat! WHAT?! yes, you read that right. That really took this NewYorker by surprise!
2- We have made many trips to Walmart. I must say it's not at all how I envisioned it-- and that's a good thing. It's quite convenient to be able to pick up pretty much anything you could need all in one store.
3- We visited the local "zoo". When we pulled up (into a field) there was one other car, Brody asked where everyone was, I said I didn't know. We crossed the street, to find a man (who owned the other car, and was a volunteer at the zoo) -- This is a rescue zoo -- all of these animals had been rescued, the place has been there for about 7 years I think he said, and it has grown a lot over that time. we got the royal treatment and a guided tour of the place. We got too feed the animals bamboo, and throw feed in to the birds. My favorite was Dominic the donkey. He was an ornery guy -- super loud and kicking the fence! But, he made me laugh. I think the kids like the rabbits the best. The one was sooo big! Brody was afraid of the geese, and I can't say I blame him. Overall a very fun afternoon
4- Searching for a preschool has also been on the agenda. We have visited 2 and I have one more I'm scheduled to checkout. I have a pretty good feeling about one already and will likely go with it. Brody is all excited that at this new school he will only have to go part time, which means he gets to eat lunch with Mommy! And I must say I am pretty excited about this too :) We are also looking at having Ava attend to mornings a week. It'll be good for her to socialize, and good for me to have a little solo time :) And then the other days of week Ava and I will have some special Mommy - daughter time. (UPDATE: We found a school, and the kids started!! ** more to come on this**)
5 - We made our first friends! Our neighbors are great! The family across the street has two little girls. A 3 yr old and 1 yr old. And if you can believe this -- the 3 yr olds name is Ava too! I think our kids are going to be great friends. We went to Ava's bday party and later in the week we had a christmas cookie baking party in our PJs!
And how perfect that it started snowing while we baked?! It's starting to feel a lot like Christmas!
Our adventure has just begun… stay tuned for more!












No comments:
Post a Comment