Moving is hard. I've been on an emotional roller coaster for the last several months. While moving brings on feelings of excitement and new beginnings it also the ending of a chapter. It's taking that deep breath before diving into something new -- and it can be scary.
I've never been good with goodbyes. I get so emotional. I have a hard time letting go. It takes me awhile to adjust to change. And this upcoming move to DE is no different.
I had my last day of work. There were tears. We said good-bye or rather "see yah later" to Andi and Geoff, our beloved daycare providers who have really become more like family. There were more tears. We said our farewells to the neighbors. Again, more tears. And then the hardest part... Closing the front door to our home for the last time. Our beautiful home that we brought our babies home to. During that last walk through of the house, I stood in Brody and Ava's doorways staring at their empty rooms, reminiscing of how I sat in Nanny's rocking chair, rocking my beautiful babies to sleep. Putting that key in the lock for the very last time - there were sobs. I wasn't expecting that. But they came in waves, and I let them. I like to think crying helps heal the soul.
So many wonderful memories were made at 7813 Attleboro Dr. -- memories that we will cherish forever. We were blessed to live in that house, meet the people that we did, and we can only hope that the new family that lives there will love it as much as we did.
This was our last family selfie in front of the house

No comments:
Post a Comment