We went from cork board to tufted beauty!
Check out these pics of our progress throughout the afternoon! A little blood, sweat, and tears (from laughing so hard) and a whole lot of elbow grease and we ended up with a little masterpiece!
A blank canvas, or should I say cork board!
Cutting the foam to size...
Spraying the board to glue the foam
Marking off where the buttons would be placed, and cutting holes in the foam...
Making the buttons….
Our first tuft! SUCCESS!
Row 1 DONE!
Oh yea, on a roll!
Boo-yah!
After stapling all the extra material to the back of the board...
And where the final destination will be for this headboard -- we slid it in to take a pic -- but it still needs to be hung!
It was a very fun crafternoon! But, I must say -- I'd be okay if I didn't have a run-in with a staple gun for awhile!




I'm about to do this again with a friend up in NJ...wish us luck!!
ReplyDelete