Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Bahama Mama


That was me last week – a Bahama Mama.  And a fun week it was.  After our Thanksgiving celebrations we left Stroudsburg with Alisa and Mike in tow.  We said our goodbyes at BWI on the drive back home, and left the kiddies with them for the week.  I must say it was a tough good bye.  I knew the kids were in great hands, but I felt slightly guilty for leaving them – especially b/c they both had colds and so did Mike and Alisa.  But, I did what any good mom would do -- I sucked it up and got on that plane. Lol.

The Bahamas were beautiful. We stayed at the RIU, an all inclusive resort. The view from our room was spectacular, the water was a beautiful blue and the warm sun never felt so good.  This was one lazy vacation – it consisted mostly of laying on a lounge chair on the beach or at the pool with an adult beverage in hand.  We did take an occasional break from that tough life to go tour the Atlantis (the hotel was right next to ours), and do a little shopping.  As we got to the end of our 4th day on the island we were ready to get home and see our babies!

Auntie Alisa and Uncle Mike did a fab job.  And perhaps got a good dose of birth control in the process.  It turned out that Ava had an ear infection – AGAIN! I swear that girl gets more ear infections. I’m surprised they haven’t talked to us about getting tubes. They took her to the doc and got her all better with some antibiotics. Brody continued to have a runny nose – or as Mike said, he was ridiculous boogy factory.  And then they did the most daring thing ---- drum roll --- they took the kids to ChuckE Cheese! They loved it (the kids) haha.  When I got home Brody was so proud to show me the spiderman figurine that he had won with his tickets.

When I asked Mike and Alisa how they thought it went, Mike surprised me when he said “I think we will be ready next year.”  But, after a cute little pause he continued with “you know, to watch them again.”  Hahaha. That gave me a good laugh!

 Let the selfies begin….








No comments:

Post a Comment