Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Summer storm 2012


This past weekend was a doozy. Friday June 29th was the beginning of a longggg weekend. And not a real long weekend if you know what I mean! Jeremy and I were relaxing after putting the kids to bed, watching the news when we hear - "there is a storm coming tonight, and you will lose power." Grrrreat. I was hoping the reporter would be wrong.  But, what do you know? Ten minutes later the power goes out!  It was a nasty wind storm.  Here are some pics from the morning after.

 what's that? oh, just part of our mailbox!!
 It just flew across the yard!
 tree limbs down in the back yard-- one landed on brody's play house.

When Brody went outside to help Daddy pick up sticks, he saw this and started running around yelling "They broke my house, they broke my house"  I believe "they" was mother nature. haha. It was a site to see!
 Baxter assessing the damage
 limbs down in our neighbors yard
some damage was done to the fence

Of course this happened on one of the hottest weekends yet this summer. It was close to 100, but the heat index had it feeling a lot hotter than that.  The house stayed reasonably comfortable for most of the day on Saturday. But, by late afternoon the bedrooms were way too warm to have the kids sleep there. So I packed them up and headed to Donna and Richard's. Yay for family! Double YAY for family with AC!  Jeremy opted to stay home b/c there was talk of more storms, and he wanted to be there to man the fort! As a not so nice joke we sent him this photo of us...BRRRR it's cold over here, while Jeremy was sleeping down the basement with Baxter!  Comon' it's funny!
About 10 min after I sent Jer the get with this pic, I got a text back that the power had come on!!  Jer was a happy camper!  Brody,Ava and I enjoyed our sleepover.  Brody got to stay up late watching cartoons, tried his first slurp (not a fan) and ate a ridiculous amount of pretzels!  

I'm soooo happy we have power. There are still people without it.  They are saying it may not be until this weekend when everyone is back up and running again.  Scary.  I seriously don't know how the Amish do it!


No comments:

Post a Comment