Yes, sickies -- my word of the week. It has been a rough couple of days. About two weeks ago Ava started coughing. In the beginning, it was just one or two small coughs when she first would wake up in the morning. As the week progressed there were sporadic coughs thrown in through out the day. By last Saturday it seemed much worse. I took her in to the pediatrician and they told me it was a cold, she had bad post nasal drip and nothing more. They said it could last another week or so. The cough continued through the week. On Thursday when Jeremy picked her up he thought it warranted another trip to the doc. I met Jeremy, Brody and Ava at the doc office -- the nurse practitioner said she couldn't hear any wheezing which was good, but she really didn't like how fast Ava was breathing (more than 2xs the amount of breaths someone her size should be taking). She sent us over to the ER for further evaluation. There, they did a chest X-ray to check for pneumonia, monitored her breathing, and tested for RSV virus (a type of respiratory infection). Luckily the x-ray was clear, and she was negative for the virus. It seems that she just has one hell of a nasty cold and congestion. I hate seeing her so uncomfortable. It's hard for her to fall asleep b/c she can't breathe through her nose. It's hard for her to take the bottle for the same reason. It is now Saturday and she seems the same. If things don't improve by tomorrow, we'll be going back in.
my pretty little lady, fighting off those germs
Brody has this cold too. He has a super runny nose, and is just not himself. I'm hoping he shows improvement in the next day as well, otherwise it'll be a family affair back at the pediatricians office!
Here is a video from a few days before the germs started to get the best of him!
I had a trip to urgent care today too! I was actually extremely impressed with the care I received at the CVS minute clinic. I had a short wait and a knowledgeable PA who said I had a respiratory infection, prescribed a zpac, cough syrup and asthma spray. Hopefully all those goodies kick in real fast.
Jeremy seems to be the only semi-well one of the house. I say semi-well b/c he too has a cough. But, he thinks he is getting better and doesn't need a doc. Hopefully he is right!
I keep repeating one of Nan's favorite lines: This too shall pass.
No comments:
Post a Comment