Thursday, July 1, 2010

Hi-ho Hi-ho its off to work I go....

This was my first week back in the office. After an emotional weekend of trying to mentally prepare myself to leave my little guy, I sucked it up, got dressed, got in the car and drove to work. The ride to work seemed a bit surreal. How on earth had 3months gone by so quickly? But, it did, and here I am going back to work.

When I got to my desk I was greeted by a beautiful vase of flowers and welcome back card. My boss is so nice! It was a great way to start the day. I must admit I was a bit nervous about getting back into the swing of things. But, everyone here has been so great and helpful, and slowly I'm starting to feel a bit more acclimated and it is all coming back to me.

Brody is home with Jeremy for one more week before Jer has to go back to work and Brody is off to daycare. My boys have been having fun together. Although, on my first day back I came home for lunch and Jeremy's hair was a mess, he looked exhausted and desperately needed a shower. ha! And I was only gone for 4 hours at that point. Since then I think he has gotten a better handle on everything :) But, he learned quick staying home is no joke! Jeremy has put his diaper DUDE bag to use and was planning his first trip to the store today with Brody in tow. Big outting -- they were headed to Babies R Us! :)

This weekend for the 4th, we are headed to Annapolis to spend the afternoon with Lindsay and Michael and see the fireworks downtown. We always have such fun together and I'm really looking forward to it. Brody will be dressed for the occasion and I'll be sure to take lots of pictures!

1 comment:

  1. Glad to have you back in Strayer Land! Hope Brody got off to daycare okay today!

    ReplyDelete