Tuesday, November 3, 2009

It's A...

BOY!!! Jeremy and I are thrilled. We can’t wait to meet Brody Wade this spring!

It has been a chaotic day or so. Yesterday I wasn’t feeling right so I called the doc to push up the appointment to today. It was originally scheduled for tomorrow. We learned that I have a fibroid. Lovely. The good news is that this is VERY common and more than 40% women in general get or have fibroids and most only become aware of them during pregnancy. Because of where the fibroid is located the doc wants me to see a specialist. I honestly think she made the referral more to put me at ease than anything else. It is always good to get second opinions on these things. The important thing is that we have a healthy little boy on the way! We got to see him squirming around, and I’m convinced he winked at me! Ha-ha okay maybe not, but even on a fuzzy black and white screen he looks cute as can be.

So, Brody is all of 11 oz and approximately 6 inches long or the size of a melon. I know, I know, there I go again with the fruit comparison!  I cried tears of joy in the doctor’s office, and now I just can’t seem to wipe the smile off my face.

I think I’ve pretty much decided on a jungle themed room! Hakuna Matata!! Lion King it is. Who doesn’t just love Simba?!

Much Love

xoxoxo

LaureNicole

No comments:

Post a Comment