Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Brody is a kung-fu fighter



Yes, that's right our boy Brody definitely knows how to kick and punch. He gave Jeremy his first "high five" this morning. Jer was excited to feel the little guy move after hearing me talk about it a lot over the past week or so.

Yesterday and today were very busy. I had a doc appt with my regular doctor yesterday - I met yet another doc in the practice. This guy looked like he was all of about 15 years old, but he was very nice and knowledgeable so that is all that really matters. We listened to Brody's heartbeat and it was strong and steady.

Today we had an appointment with the high risk specialist to get a better look at what was originally thought to be a fibroid. Well, after a 3 hour visit -- yes, you read that right -- 3 hours -- it was determined that this is not a fibroid but a polyp. The difference being that a fibroid is a growth within the muscle tissue, and a polyp is a growth of uterine tissue. Anyway, basically they just have to monitor it to make sure it doesnt grow. If it does grow that could mean I'd have to have a c-section. But, most importantly this doctor told us that there is no harm to Brody and I'll just have to get some extra sonograms. So, as you can imagine hearing the confirmation of what my doc originally told us made us sigh with relief.

On a seperate note I had a fabulous weekend with my girlfriends in North Carolina. It was a true girly getaway - full of chick flicks, shopping, and my favorite -- Food! :) Above are some pics from the weekend. As you can see, my belly is a growin'!



xoxo LaureNicole

No comments:

Post a Comment