Monday, January 19, 2015

Movin' and Groovin'

It has been an eventful couple of months to say the least.  During this major life transition I fell off of the workout/ healthy wagon.  It's amazing how easy it is to slip back into old habits. One of my favorite worst habits is snacking on some late night cereal. Once and awhile treating myself is okay. But the nightly noshing on sugary sweets was not good. That combined with the holidays and all those sugar cookies was not a good combo!  But, I'm happy to say I'm getting it back together!

I found a gym that I LOVE! The kids love it too. They have a daycare and enjoy it so much that they are always asking me to take them there.  Definitely good motivation to get off my bootie!  I'm also participating in a sugar shred challenge -- removing all refined sugars from my diet for 5 days.  It has definitely been a challenge. I had no idea sugar was hiding in so many items that I considered healthy.  It has been a real eye opener.

I've been buying more veggies and really trying my hardest to get these kiddos to try new things.  They both have such a stubborn streak (all Jeremy) lol.  And while some dinners are full of "ewwwww gross" others I'm surprised with their responses "Yummy, Mommy. I like new things." Small changes over time, will lead to big ones.  So it's one step at a time!

We have been having lots of fun around here.  I'm really enjoying staying home with the kids.  We are in a good routine, they are making friends at school, and we are having our daily dance parties! Life is good :)


Video footage courtesy of the Brodster:


1 comment: