Sunday, October 13, 2013

Fall has arrived!

October already!? Really? Where did September go?

I haven't posted a blog in awhile so this will be a little bit of a catch up!

In September I was all set to run the Diva half marathon. The Sunday before the race, I went for my last long run and my already hurting ankle was pushed a bit too far.  I considered pushing through the pain, but decided it wasn't worth injuring it worse than it already was and made the decision to sit out the race. I was definitely disappointed.  But, I know I made the right decision. It turned out I have a severely sprained ankle, and over a month later it is still hurting. I learned a lesson the hard way: Listen to your body when it is telling you something! I ran on a sprained ankle for 2 months which ultimately just got worse and worse. So stupid!  And now I'm healing, resting, and looking forward to getting back to 100% soon!

In addition to my doc visits in Sept, we had to take Brody to the ER in the middle of the night.  The poor little guy woke up coughing like a maniac.  He had asthma and was crying so much it sounded like he couldn't get a breath in.  It made me so nervous, so off we went to the ER.
Brody was diagnosed with croup. The doc gave him a steroid shot in the leg, and a breathing treatment and we was as good as new again.  He gave us a bit of a hard time wearing his dinosaur mask in the hospital, but as soon as we got home he wanted to wear it all the time! Figures! :)


A week or so later we headed up to NY so that this Momma could have a girls night out with her high school besties!

 We had fab time eating, drinking, and just catching up.  We couldn't even remember the last time all of us got together. 10 yrs?!

The drive to NY is always a tough one. It's usually about 6 hours ish.  We got lucky on the ride up and made it in 5.5, but it was closer to 7 on the way home.  Over all the kids did pretty good!
 Cool man, Brody.  And Ava pointing at the TV -- I'm sure she was asking for choo choo. Thomas the train is one of her faves to watch in the car!

They had a blast playing with Gigi and Pop Pop, visiting Hope's house -- or as Brody said
Hope- EEEE's house. They loved all the toys at her house!  We also had a sleepover at Nikki & Tim's house.  And OMG Brody is still talking about playing in that playroom! He is also asking for a set of drums now!!  All in all a fab weekend that went way too fast!

But, it is always good to get home.  And when we do where is the first place ava wanted to go... yes, thats right to brush her teeth! Ava LOVES brushing her teeth.  She is sure to remind us when we are in a rush for bed and almost forget.  Climbing on that stool is you know, the coolest thing ever!

And these pics now bring us up to date!
This weekend we participated in the "5k Run for those who can't!"  My friend Diane organized the event and it was a great success! The kids had so much fun!  This is a pic of them before the race - brody was holding the map to make sure we didn't get lost!

 Of course I missed taking race pics during the race! But, here are some of the pics of the medals the kids got.
 Ava kept saying "so pretty" -- she loved her new necklace!
 And Brody was a proud little medal owner!
 Trying for a family shot!  Ava was too busy eating goldfish to be bothered!
 How cute are these cupcakes!!
 And the kids passed out minutes after getting into the car!

Sunday morning smiles...
 How cute is this nugget!
I just can't get enough of those cheeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment