Jeremy left on Sunday afternoon. In the middle of the night Brody woke up hysterical crying -- something about monsters and needing to blow his nose. He never has nightmares or episodes like that, so I made an exception and let him sleep in bed with me. Needless to say I didn't get much sleep. Why is it that kids feel the need to sleep horizontally, diagonally, pretty much every direction but vertical?! It made me think of the Seinfeld show Jeremy and I went to where Jerry had a whole skit about kids sleeping in your bed, the amount of heat such a small body can emit etc.
Monday was a very busy day at work for me, so I picked the kids up a bit later than I usually do, was scrambling to get dinner ready, and feed them. As I rushed around the kitchen I see Ava out of the corner of my eye grab a champagne glass from the bar. Before I could even say anything she dropped it and it shattered into a million pieces. After realizing she wasn't hurt and had just scared herself, I herded the kids and the dog to the other room so I could vacuum up the mess. Exhausted, I corral them up to take a bath. But, before going upstairs I took Ava's sandals off to make sure no glass had gotten in them. I placed them on the ottoman. I give the kids a bath, played a bit, story time and finally tucked them in. As I headed back downstairs I just knew Baxter had been up to something - call it motherly instinct. Low and behold he decided to chew up Ava's sandals -- perhaps as a dessert. Who knows?! I wanted to scream!

Tuesday went pretty well for the most part. The evening was just full of the same question over and over. Where is daddy? I'd tell him. But, But, But, Where is he!? This accompanied with refusal to eat dinner, made for a fun night of bargaining. At least I got B to take a few bites of chicken.
By Weds we seemed to be in a groove. Cole came over to play - so that was a welcome distraction to all the typical where is daddy questions! Watching Brody and Cole play is really something else. They are getting so big, and their personalities are really starting to shine. They played so nicely with Ava too - so of course that made me one happy Momma! And dinner was a breeze -- Brody requested kate chips for his veggie! SCORE! I gave myself a good pat on the back as I laid down in bed. And then at 3 am I woke to Baxter whining. I tried to ignore it -- nope, he wasn't going to stop. I go down stairs and he is crying to go outside. This up and down to let him in and out happened a few more times throughout the night. Definitely not the good nights sleep I was hoping for. Poor Bax had the runs. Maybe the aftermath of chewing the sandal? Although I really don't think he swallowed any of that rubber.
Thursday -- tonight started off great. Andi made us dinner. She seriously is the best! I get home and started to get everything ready to eat, when I hear a loud BOOM. Ava fell. She was screaming. As I walk in to the living room I can see her lip swelling already. The poor thing fell and chomped down on her upper lip as she fell. Luckily the teeth didnt go through the skin or anything awful like that, but she definitely looks like she got into a bar brawl. poor kid. From our experience with Brody's fall and cutting his mouth, we know that the mouth heals quickly, so I'm hoping it looks better in the morning.

Tomorrow Jeremy comes home. Hallelujah! This week of chaos definitely makes me grateful for my partner in crime, my other half, my bestie. We have all missed you jboogs. This week has really made me think about all my military mom and single mom friends. God bless you all. You are all wonder women! I thought dealing with Jeremy being on deployment was tough when it was just me I had to worry about. I can not even begin to imagine how difficult it would be dealing with a deployment and having to care for the kids. Hopefully that isn't something I'll have to face.
Happy almost FRIDAY! woohoo. It can't get here soon enough!
These kids are a lot of work. But, I wouldn't change a thing. They bring me more happiness then I ever could've dreamed. I mean it doesn't get any cuter than this:
<3>3>

No comments:
Post a Comment