Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Ava is a Trooper

My little Avakins is one heck of a trooper! Today was a long day.  Surgery day.  About 6 months ago Ava was diagnosed with a dermoid cyst above her left eye.  It was a small bump that Jeremy and I didn't even notice.  But when Ava got an eye infection, and we took her to the doc, the nurse practioner asked about the bump and when it appeared? We said, that it just popped up. She looked at us and said, well maybe she had it and you didn't notice it? No way, I thought! I look at this beautiful baby all the time. I would've noticed it! Well, wasn't I surprised when I went back to the pictures and saw this little bump. It has gotten slightly bigger and more noticeable in the last 6 months.  And after meeting several doctors, all of whom recommended having it removed, we went ahead and scheduled the surgery.  In addition to having the cyst removed, she also needed to have her tear duct unblocked (the reason why she has had several eye infections).

Here are are few pics from pre-surgery. Isn't that gown just too cute?!


 You can see the cyst above her left eyebrow

 Post surgery Ava was a hungry little lady! She chowed down on some cheerios, apple sauce and a big cup of juice.  Here is my little trooper or as Brody says -- Ava is a pirate!
I'm so happy this day is over, the surgery went well, Ava is her happy little self again, and that soon this will all become a distant memory.

1 comment: