Happy 6
months to my baby girl! Ava’s 6 month check-up with Dr. Sullivan went really
well. She is in the 90th percentile
for height and weight. She weighed in at
18lbs 6 oz! No wonder carrying her in
the car seat is so difficult these days!
In the last two weeks we have hit some milestones: she has started to
sit up for a few seconds on her own and she has mastered rolling from her back
to her belly. Now we just need to work
on rolling from belly to back. She gets so angry and frustrated on her tummy
that she wakes up in the middle of the night crying and we have to go in and
roll her back over! I’m sure she’ll get the hang of it soon.
Big brother
Brody is doing really well too. His imagination really seems to be taking off
these days. He plays these games like he
is pretending to be on a boat, and he puts everything he wants to bring with
him on to the couch, or the bed, or wherever the “boat” is that day. And my favorite is when he forgets something
in the other room, and he’ll look at me and say “I’ll be right back, Mommy” –
it is so cute. Sometimes he’ll make the
boat be on the floor next to Ava’s chair so she can go with him on his boat
ride. He seems to really have taken to
watching out for his little sis. If she
starts crying and they are in the living room and I’m in the kitchen, he’ll
coming running in and say, “Mommy, Ava’s cryin’ – Ava needs bottle.” And usually
he is right – she does need a bottle. :) I love seeing the two of them
interact. They are always giggling in the backseat when I drive them home from
Andrea’s. Brody starts laughing, and the next thing you know Ava is smiling and
laughing too. I have no idea what is so
funny, but I could listen to the two of them laugh at eachother for hours. It
makes me heart smile.
Two weeks ago
we took a road trip to Pittsburgh to visit the Foulk fam. It was a long drive (6 hrs), but well worth
the trip. We left on Friday morning so
Brody was wide awake for the journey. Normally we travel at night so everyone sleeps, so this was a bit different! He really didn’t like it when Ava fell
asleep. He would try and reach for her hand and yell “AVA, GET UP!” He wanted
someone to play with. We quickly tried to distract him with a DVD, but that
wasn’t as helpful as I thought it would be.
However, he did have fun searching for cows on the side of the
road. Ah, the little things. It was a fun filled family weekend and we all look forward to getting together again!






No comments:
Post a Comment