Happy Thanksgiving! This year we have so much to be thankful for: a beautiful baby boy whose smile just melts my heart, Jeremy's new job and new found career path, my job and all my fabulous co-workers who make each day fun -- yay for lunches out! ha. I am truly blessed to have a healthy happy family who makes me smile each and everyday.
I love Thanksgiving. I mean what other holiday is purely based around eating a ridiculous amount of delicious food?! I read somewhere that the average person eats 4,000 calories on Turkey Day. Kinda gross. But, I must admit it is soooo good going down. Right now I'm smelling the turkey bake in the oven and I'm dreaming of eating Dad's stuffing. That stuffing is so incredibly bad for you but oh so good. Nothing can top it. Okay enough about the food already...
This is the 2nd year in a row that my family has rented a house on the Jersey Shore for the Thanksgiving weekend. It was something new we started after Nanny passed last year. I know she is up there smiling down on all of us and I'm sure she is getting a good laugh as we desperately try to make her old recipes taste even remotely the same. Nan's famous apple pie will live in infamy. I tried my best to match it -- I'll let you know what my critics say later!
I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday with all of their friends and family. Much love to all of you. xoxo
No comments:
Post a Comment