I can not believe that we are half way through September. The days and weeks are really flying by faster than I would like! I suppose this is because we have been super busy.
Most of you probably already know this - but two weeks ago I ran my first 10K race. I had been training for it for a few months. I figured there was no better way to try and get back in shape post baby than training for a race. When I first started I couldn't even run a mile without stopping. I suppose 9 months of no excercise, growing a baby in my belly, and taking a ridiculous amount of lunch time trips to dairy queen would explain it. But, I must say I'm proud of myself for how far I've come. Never in a million years would I have thought I could run 6.2 miles without stopping! I'm convinced it is mind over matter. Once you get your mind right you can really accomplish anything. Here is a pic of me about to cross the finish line
Most of you probably already know this - but two weeks ago I ran my first 10K race. I had been training for it for a few months. I figured there was no better way to try and get back in shape post baby than training for a race. When I first started I couldn't even run a mile without stopping. I suppose 9 months of no excercise, growing a baby in my belly, and taking a ridiculous amount of lunch time trips to dairy queen would explain it. But, I must say I'm proud of myself for how far I've come. Never in a million years would I have thought I could run 6.2 miles without stopping! I'm convinced it is mind over matter. Once you get your mind right you can really accomplish anything. Here is a pic of me about to cross the finish line
It was a fun day and I was happy to have my biggest fans there to celebrate with me as I crossed the finish line -- Brody and Jeremy!
Brody is growing so much these days. I can't get over how much he has changed in just the past few weeks. He sits so well in his highchair, he can hold his own bisquit when eating, he giggles all the time now, and he even knows how to splash around a little in the bath tub! I've taken a few videos that I want to share -- for those of you who haven't already seen them on facebook!
Lauren, those are great videos! We have the same walker for Corey. And Woah, awesome girl for running a 10K! I am just now getting back into running. I have been jogging during my lunch breaks at work because that is the only time I have because my nights are SUPER BUSY! Hope all continues to go well!!
ReplyDelete