I had my 39 week doc appt this morning. I was sure she was going to tell me there had been some progress.... and alas, I was wrong! The doc assured me that regardless of the fact of whether I am currently dilated or not, Brody can decide to make his way into this world at any time. She said there is no correlation between being dilated and when you actually start labor. Somehow, I find this hard to believe. But, well, she is the doc, so I'm going with it. So although there are no current signs of progress she told me that my water could break today, or tomorrow, or whenever! So, the waiting game continues...
If Brody doesn't decide to make his way into this world by week 41, I will be induced. I'd prefer he decide it's time on his own -- hopefully he will!
As you can imagine the waiting has not been easy. But, I'm trying to focus on other things. And in this case I choose this AWESOME weather we've been having. Spring is here! I've been able to take nice long walks after work, sit out on the porch, and just soak up the sun. It is days like today that make me really miss San Diego! Every day was sunny and 70. It's amazing how you take that for granted when you live it day in and day out.
xoxo
LaureNicole
Your Dad thinks that next full moon will bring Brody out to see the Moon! That would be the 30th but I hope that it will be this week and make everyone happy. There was a restaurant in California and after eating a salad with Balsamic vinegar would make the baby come out!
ReplyDeleteWell good luck and give Brody a kiss from Aunt Gail